Friday, November 12, 2010

The Color Room #32

The next palette is up and its a combination of brown, red and oranges....so very hard for me especially with brown.  But soon as I saw this palette I had a beachy type layout in mind.  I used my new Tim Holtz ColorWash on this in Butterscotch and Red Pepper.  I found some shells and added loads of distressing to them.  A few Prima flowers and The Chip Chop Shop beach hut...too cute:)  I just love this pic of the boys at the beach, they were more than likely digging for treasure:)

"Cherish Always"



Sorry about the closeup overload but there is a fair bit of detail in this:)



So this bit of plastic mesh stuff is the same thing I have used in all of my beachy layouts.  It is the plastic stuff you find around a gas bottle.  It is really easy and stringy to rip apart and then I just rub some paint over it with my finger. It is a little hard to stick down to your page but a good adhesive should work.




I have also used more bandage wrap and just sprayed randomly with my ColorWash.  The coral I have just sprayed aswell.  I am all out of this now so may have to source some more, I think it looks great of a beachy page:)



Lastly the little beach hut from The Chip Chop Shop .  I also made the little starfishy's myself.  Just cut the shape and distressed....easy as that:)


Okay, that is about it for today, hope you all have a wonderful weekend:)
Thanks for popping by.
xo

24 comments:

Natasha said...

So incredibly beautiful! You did fabulous with this palette!

Tara Orr said...

wow -this is crazy beautiful!! LOVE your work - no way i could do that w/o it looking just 'messy'. Fantastic job!

Jolanda said...

amazing work,so much to see!!

Unknown said...

This is just amazing!! Love everything about this layout!

Paula said...

Wow, wow, wow...this is totally incredible! You rocked this colour palette! :)

Trudi Harrison said...

Gorgeous Stacey - you rocked this palette brilliantly!

Shell said...

ABSOLUTELY DEVINE!!!! xx

Kate said...

so gorgeous stace i love your prima stuff!! i have some of that chicken wire chipboard but have yet to use it. xox

Treesa said...

WOW! how do you do it!! consistant awesumness hehe :)

Lizzyc said...

oh wowey!! this is magnificent! thanks for sharing about how you have done things.. i thought the mesh was chicken wire and was wondering how you got it on there.. but now i know it is plastic!! looks so effective!! i love this one too!

Michelle Hernandez said...

Really different from your bues and greens and it's FANTASTIC!!!! Love the little details like the hexagonal beach netting.

Kerryn said...

I am always blown away by how many details you include on your layouts without them looking cluttered. Another stunning layout Stacey!

Mel said...

I have these like totally amazing stickers at home, I might send you a few and you could use them to really impress everyone with your scrapbooking prowess! ;)

Love it babes! Amazing LO's once again. And cute of the boys - I can't wait to see you all soon!

xx

Jules said...

just amazing stace... absolutely love it. btw, what is that corally stuff and where to you get it? it's just brilliant on these beachy lo's... x

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Hi Stacey! This page is soooo cool. It feels almost wrong to actually call it a page. It's such a work of art - just awesome, hey. Jules has asked the same question I am busting to ask - where do you get those corally bits? Plus I love the gas bottle mesh... genius!!! :D

Charmane said...

We are Cybercropping over at Bon's Scraps and we are Blog-Hopping :) We are popping in to blogs that inspire the Bon's girls and yours is one of them!!!

So the secret word is: Pearl

Will definitely be keeping tabs on your blog!!!

Love Charmane

Crystal Goulding said...

Congrats on the Whimsy gig!! Love your work - so unique and inspiring as always!!

Just passing by on the Blog Train....

Catie said...

Hi Stacey... blog hopping along with Bon's CC. Love your work - so inspiring. I love all the textures you use on a page. Will be back to check out your blog more often! Catie:)

Leonie said...

HI Stacey, visiting your blog with the other bonsscrappers:). Visited before but haven't commented. You have such amazing LO's, just stunning!!!! have a good weekend!

Rachel said...

I'm with Bon's as well. Your work is great - orange is my favourite colour and straight up you have some gorgeous orange LOs!

Nicolee said...

tooot toooooot!
on the train too, I've always totally luved your LOs....so much eye candy, I could get fat!!!
luv ur style, incredibly amazing!!!
toooot toooooot

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Toot toot!!! Double love!!! Well this time around I'm officially on the Bons Scraps blog train! Love your work!!! :D :D :D

mandysea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

wow. This completely breathtaking!!!!