Friday, November 8, 2013

Happy Friday :)

Hi!!!  I thought I would pop by with a couple of things today.  So last weekend I managed to create something for a challenge.  I don't ever seem to have the time to do challenges but this one I just had to do.  This months sketch at Scrapfriends is just awesome!!!  Wow, who doesn't love feathers atm??  Thanks for the inspiration Scrapfriends, I have always been a lover of your sketches, happy to say I have done one now :)
 
 
 
 
So here is my layout.  I have used some Glitz, AC and Crate here.  Plus some gorgeous 2 crafty chipboard.  I added a little more to the sketch to eliminate the white space, you know me, I just can't do white space!!!  I just adore this amazing gals work and have always wanted to make a big arrow like Miss Wally so thought this was a perfect layout to do it on!!!
 
 
"Piggy Back Ride"
 
 


I loved the stickers out of the Glitz collection Wild and Free.  I even loved the subtle amount of pink in it.  I added a little pink with my Shimmerz pots and think this layout is far from being girly even though I used pink.  Just a little hint and it looks super cool on a boys layout! 
 
 



I used some Feathers from 2 Crafty Chipboard.  They are so so awesome, can't get enough!  Plus some diecut feathers from Studio Calico.   I also bought some white feathers from a $2 shop and dipped them in gold glitter!!!
 
 



I placed one of the arrow stickers from the Wild and Free sticker sheet on the wood clip.
 
 


 
More gold dipped feathers.......
 




I wrapped the feathers around a skewer stick with twine and then continued to wrap the twine the full length of the stick.  Layered washi tape, stamping and masking.  Plus loads of paper layers under my photo.
 




Lots of Shimmerz work underneath there.........
 
 



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Secondly today, I have a new canvas to share using Shimmerz.  Here are the products I used:
 
Texturez in Sandy Stone
Enamelz in Gold Digger
Spritz in Carribean Sunset and Mango Madness
Vibez in Egg Noggin and Before Dawn
Shimmerz in Coal, Candle Light and Island Salsa
 
 
I really love this saying, its just a perfect reminder to us all, to have more patience and to be kinder than necessary! 
 
"Love is Patient, Love is Kind"
 
 



I have used lots of Prima and look there are those gold dipped feathers.....addicted much??? Plus I have used a 2Crafty chipboard birdcage :)
 
 


 
I used a brick pathway as my background mask with modelling paste.
 







 
All of these Shimmerz products together are just gorgeous and then add a touch of black to add some depth.  You can even see the colour on the feathers.
 



 
So has anyone had a chance to get their hands on these new goodies from Shimmerz yet?  I have only just received them myself and hoping to have my first play with them in the next few days!!!!  They look fantastic and omg Blue Lagoon is just gorgeous!  I think it will be my fave :)
 
 
Also if you mention my name in the comments section whilst at checkout you will receive one FREE bottle of the new DIMENSIONZ!!!!!!  How cool is that, just by mentioning my name (or any Shimmerz Designer for that matter) :)
 
Go to the Shop HERE
 
 
 
 





Okay, that's me for today, nearly time to collect the big boy from school.......so glad the school year is coming to an end, we are in need of a big break!!!!  But it also means I am going to have 2 big boys at school next year.....eeekkkk!!!!
 
Have a great weekend xoxo

16 comments:

Romy said...

These projects are completely awesome! You always do such wonderful work with the Shimmerz products.

Elena Olinevich said...

Ahhhhh, what a stunner this LO. You have managed to make the feathers to be a trend this year. Love your take on the sketch, it has caught my eye too and I hope I will have time to use it too.
2crafty chipboard feather are really cool, love them too.
and finally canvas , sigh, how it is elegant and breathtaking

Lizzyc said...

Goodness me these are gorgeous creations.. I love how you can layer up your papers, I love your feathers and your take on the SF sketch is stunning.. beautiful canvas too.. you continue to amaze me.. and yes the holidays will be good, but I know they will fly.. and I will have my last child at high school next year and that is a bit scary too! EEKKK!!! have a wonderful weekend!!

Bente Fagerberg said...

Stacey! :-) Love how everything you make just seems to flow effortlesly together.
Another stunner of a page :-)

Irina Gerschuk said...

Love it!! So beautiful)))

sandi said...

Your projects are just gorgeous! Wow!

Di Garling said...

OMG this is all soooooo gorgeous. Love everything here & I do love how you have used those little 2 Craft chippie feathers. I might have do dig mine out and have a play... Cheers Di xo

sue said...

Stunning LO!!! I just love it!! The colours and background work is so dreamy!! It could even convert me to feathers!! :)

Ulrika aka LillBlomman said...

Vary cool page! Love the golden details! You give me sooo much inspiration!!! Hugs!

zenevak said...

Always stunning work! Just LOVE your layout for Scrap Friends. The big heart arrow is fabulous! Miss Wally has so many inspiring techniques. Your texture and layers are always sublime! Your canvas is equally delicious!

Lizzy Hill said...

Heehee! Who DOESN'T love Miss Wally, eh? She's soooo original in her scrapping...& I just love your 'original' $2 dipped gold feathers....magic! The whole LO is gorgeous....lovely, lovely layers...thanks for joining us at SF:):):)
PS: Your canvas is stunning:) Saw it on FB...my 'new' addiction...hoping it doesn't last too long:):)!!!!!!! LOL.....

Olga Siedlecka said...

Amazing layers, structures and colours!

Leeann Pearce said...

yay fabulous creation stacey and i'm so into the gold and feathers also....this sketch was just awesome... i screamed when i saw the sketch and could not wait to burst something out! thanks for playing along too love your work always! good luck and take care!

Leeann Pearce said...

oh seems i missed clicking a link and when i did... you naughty girl...your a darling... that's so sweet of you and it's so rewarding for me too because it tells me i am inspiring others and they too are creating and making gorgeous embellishments too. sharing each others awesomeness!!! love yay girl your awesome!sweet little thing you are!

Miae said...

You said you were going to play along with that ScrapFriends sketch and boy did you ever! I LOVE you take on it...of course all your layers are just fantastic and you've included some faves...feather and arrows!

Timemimi 當代迷你倉 said...

訂倉地區寫字樓出租當代商務中心獨立主機虛擬代理獨立主機虛擬一級訂倉地區網頁中文一級