Tuesday, November 18, 2014

OUAS and Pretty Little Studio Mini

Hello!  A couple of shares today.  The first being the November sketch at Once Upon a Sketch.  There is still some time to get your entry in and be in the running to win some fantastic prizes.  Follow the link here to see all of the DT samples and to add your entry.
 
 
 
Journalling Theme: "Inspiration/I am inspired by etc..."
 
 
You are free to interpret our theme ANY WAY you like. It is for your inspiration and this theme word DOES NOT need to be part of your title or journalling. But please make sure your layout is based on the sketch below and includes journalling (hidden journalling is fine). Acceptable journalling is MORE than just a sentence, or generic writing such as date/place etc. It needs to be present and at least 3 lines long. Remember, hidden journalling (under a photo/tag or behind your page) is perfectly fine but please DO let us know in your post where your journalling is! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my take on the above sketch.
 
 
"Beauty Everyday"
 
 
 



Lots of closeups too:
I have also used a number of 2 Crafty Chipboard pieces on this page. 
 
Mini Word Set 1
Everyday
Bubble Grid Panel
Tiny Feather Set
Soft Feather Set
Asst Arrows
 






I applied some Shimmerz to my title that matched the colours in my flowers.
 
 







I have used a Heidi Swapp stencil in here too.  It actually wasn't meant to be covered, but you know me.....can't help myself but fill the page!!
 
 






Lots of masking, misting and glitter!!






 
I have used the word Beauty here from the Mini Word Set 1.  I love this little quote....
"Always find beauty in the everyday"
 
 





 
Here are the 2 different feathers I used.  I applied Gesso to both and then dipped the tips in gold glitter.  I added some Jeni B Bleu Shimmerz to the bottom end of the big feather and added Gold crackle paint to the other.
 
 





 
I love the Bubble Grid Panel.  I cut it up into smaller pieces and added to various parts of my layout.  I added some Shimmerz Coloringz in Pretty in Pink and sprinkled with some pink chunky glitter.
 
 
 








 
So as you can see, with the journaling theme this month being inspiration, I choose to pick out all the pretty things I could find mixed with all the pretty colours I love!!
 
 



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



My second project today is a Pretty Little Studio Mini Album I whipped up using the Silly Monkey Collection.
 
I am a huge fan of the mini album but don’t often get a chance to create one, so with my free project this month I took it as the perfect opportunity to whip something up of my boys.
 
   I grabbed my sheets of 8 x 8 Silly Monkey papers along with some journal cards and began to cut them at different sizes.  For the title page I layered a few papers along with the ‘You are amazing’ diecut title.  I also popped in the Silly Clyde diecut monkey and a flair button.   With each page I added my photos along with some other bits and pieces such as tabs, flags and phrase strips.  I finished off with a touch of mix media by flicking on some black paint.
 
 












I haven't included all of my pages here, but you get the idea!  This was super fun and actually quick to make :)
 
 



















 
You can visit the Pretty Little Studio store HERE.  Be sure to check it out, there is always a great deal and they have the cutest vintage diecuts ever :)


I hope you were inspired today!
Until next time, have a wonderful afternoon xx

3 comments:

Romy said...

That lay-out is so fresh, pretty and super sweet! I just love all the flowers that you added to it. Your mini album is also totally awesome!

Janene said...

Always surprised when I see from pink from you yet it's perfectly you!

Lizzyc said...

Wow your layout is super stunning, so many colors and flowers and layers.. really love it.. and fabulous little album too..